Saturday, 24 December 2011

grateful for...

A warm bed. Presents under the tree. A lovely evening with friends and the best hug I've had in ages. Laughing yesterday until my cheeks hurt. Kind messages in Christmas cards. The beautiful turquoise beads in the mala Eric gave me. A vivid imagination. The view through my dirty office window onto the Rochdale canal and the looming mills of Ancoats. Friends who seem to love and accept me just the way I am. The best parents I could ask for. My cat who plays tig with the backs of my legs every time I walk up the stairs. A lovely inspiring house mate who makes a great cup of rooibos tea and makes me laugh when she says the word 'waltz'. My allotment. New pretty beads. Being taught a mantra to 'Eliminate all Darkness' and chanting this 108 times while the rain lashed the hut roof. SSRIs. James Vincent McMorrow. Florence. Bombay Bicycle Club. Foo Fighters. Regina Spektor. Six Feet Under. My doctor who gives me a lot of time and rough tissues. The ex-boyfriend who said how great it is to see how much I've grown as a person. Short stories. Mel's emails. Feeling scared but doing things anyway. A brilliant editor. Texts inviting me for drinks and cups of tea. Opportunities to learn about love. Opportunities to learn about loss. The courage to be myself even when I get hurt.

3 comments:

sonia said...

lovely post. wishing you a happy christmas and lovely new year. thanks for making me smile cry and laugh over the year. xxxx

Tania Hershman said...

A beautiful, inspiring post. I'm grateful for this.

annie clarkson said...

Thanks xx