Saturday, 9 July 2011

Life Wishlist

Some changes in life evolve slowly, others crash into us and we don't see them coming. I'm in the process of the first one and then the second one hits me like a train.

My wishlist:

Sunny days on the allotment. To grow plenty of lovely healthy fruit and veg. Lots of laughs. Cups of tea. A whole decent nights sleep. For my health to stay settled. An easy transition to my new job. Easy goodbyes. Some bloody good nights out. Some dancing. To feel as if I'm in the middle or the edge of things, but not on the outside. Time with my favourite people. Gorgeous food and a good appetite. A peaceful holiday. Decent books. Inspiration to write. Courage. Belief in myself. To be a good daughter and make my parents proud.

That will do. Did I miss anything out? If I was a little wilder in my wishes, I would say...

A place in the country with chickens and a goat and some ducks. Lots of space and time to grow my own everything. And making things. Writing a novel. A campervan to drive and stay here, there and everywhere. Lasting love, and waking up with that person everyday. A family of my own.

I can aim for both lists maybe. But, the ones on the first list seem more in reach... Hope the Universe is listening.

2 comments:

Andrew Blackman said...

Wow, I haven't read your blog for a while and seems I have come back in the middle of a pivotal time for you. This is a great list! I share a lot of those wishes myself - have always wanted to get a campervan and drive, just drive and not know where I'm going to end up. And a place in the country and growing my own fruit and veg, yes definitely, although not in this country but in the Caribbean, with mangos and pawpaws and banana trees in my back garden. Not sure about the goat, though - you lost me on the goat. Do you know what goats smell like? Anyway good luck with finding some or all of the things on your list. I find that many of us are brought up to settle for what we've got and not complain or want more, and that's a shame - I prefer people who say what they want and go for it. There's nothing at all on your list that strikes me as unrealistic or unattainable, so hope you get there! Maybe start with the cup of tea - that's an easy one to tick off the list...

annie clarkson said...

Thank you! Yes, I felt a list was needed. Your ideal back garden sounds amazing, I've never eaten a pawpaw but it sounds delicious...