Saturday, 8 January 2011

#57 Dear 2011


Dear 2011,

I'm not sure whether I like you yet. It's miserable, cold, wet weather. It still goes dark at 3.30pm. VAT just went up to 20%. All the sparkly lights have gone. And I've still been feeling a bit wobbly after the flu.

I'm hoping it's just the beginning of January I don't like.

And that, soon, all kinds of exciting things will start happening, like dating, crazy nights out, sunny days at the allotment, making holiday plans.

2011, you are off to a slow start, but I have every hope for you,

xx



2 comments:

Megan said...

January just doesn't want to get you too excited all at once
don't worry! Wait and see...

April said...

May your year grow brighter and brighter, friend. :) P.S. I just read about the river of stones and I love this idea...though January is halfway gone I am inspired to write about it!