Thursday, 5 August 2010

mini chapbook reviews

From time to time, I review poetry chapbooks for Sphinx, a print and online zine.

You might have heard me banging on about just how few reviews many poetry chapbooks receive, so here I am again rat a tat tat.

I have two mini reviews up in the latest issue.

A review of Jon Stone's Scarecrow






And Casey Quinn's Prepare to Crash...










I review these chapbooks whether I love them or hate them or something in between, but the great thing is you don't just get my mini review, you also get the opinions of two other reviewers...

Have a read maybe. At least have a little click on the Sphinx website so you can see what they are doing, and you might find a little pamphlet of poems you want to read...

1 comment:

ANTHONY SIDES said...

I think you've got this writing thing all wrong, Annie - aren't you supposed to be more solipsistic and narcissistic than this, and only interested in your own success, while resenting and resisting that of others? S and I have a workshop planned on "How to be a Writer" which includes a module on schadenfreunde - you'll have to come along and learn to ditch all this generosity of spirit, my friend ...
xx