Tuesday, 22 June 2010

come to a reading or two...

First, this Saturday in St Ann's Square in Manchester... Manchester Book Marketis taking place all weekend. 12 til 5 on Friday and Saturday.

I will be there reading some poems along with Nick Royle, Kim Wiltshire, Zahid Hussein, Eleanor Rees, Gift Nyoni, Chris Jam, Conrad Williams, Alicia Stubbersfield, Tim Lees, Nabila Suriya, Nick Murgatroyd, Akiel Chinelo, Edmund Prestwich, Marvin Cheeseman, Steph Pike, Lula Bruise, Polly Atkin, Conor Aylwood, Fergus Evans.

Some lovely poets, writers and performers of all kinds. We will be hanging out, reading and browsing bookstalls. All the lovely shoppers will hopefully hang around too, and listen to some brilliant writing.

This year, I'm planning to make my reading a little more child appropriate (I think I might have read some kind of abuse/drug use/swearing literature, not thinking that there would be children around!)

Come along.... This was how it looked last time*.



The second event is the launch of This Road We're On, a digital short story anthology by Flax Books, containing three of my tiny stories. The launch is at The Storey in Lancaster, and there will be me and four other writers reading our stories. Flax always have lovely launches, very relaxed, a little drink, some mingling, some readings, free postcards scattered around including one of my teeny tiny story Behind the Apollo where love meets biro.

Here is a picture of the audience having a lovely time at another Flax launch some time ago...**



Both events are free. Please come and say hello if you see me, as I will be there on my own and a little chat will be quite lovely.



* I didn't take this picture, and it rained on the day I read last year, so fingers crossed for sunshine!

**I didn't take this picture either, you might just be able to spot me at the back. Just look at how much everyone is enjoying themselves!!

1 comment:

Dr Ken said...

Thanks for being an interesting Manchester blogger!

You've got an award of sorts!
http://thinkoutsidethevortex.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html