Wednesday, 9 June 2010

#35 Dear Qi Gong



Dear Qi Gong

I'm sorry that I neglected you this week inbetween classes. I know I should have been practising every day. It was really good to have my one to one class tonight, I really enjoyed doing the six cycles and all the lovely movements I am learning that have funny names so that I can get the energy flowing in the right ways through my body. I like the way that your name kind of roughly translates as 'energy practice', I like the idea that I am practising my energy. I think qi actually means something like 'vital energy' or 'life force'. And actually gong is more like 'cultivating' or 'gathering skills'. So now that I have started cultivating my energy, I want to do it more regularly. It's just sometimes very hard to find the energy to cultivate my energy, if you know what I mean. Hm. This week I will try harder, because you are a really cool way to spend time,

thanks for being so relaxing, for balancing my energies, and for helping me to build my inner strength,

A xx

No comments: