Monday, 7 June 2010

#34 Dear Tears for Fears



Dear Tears for Fears,

I just want to say a very belated thank you for the song 'Shout'. I am listening to it now for the first time in YEARS. For me it just captures something beautifully electronic, gutsy and harsh about the 80s as I remember them. The lyrics are brilliant, I mean, there is no better way to say 'shout shout let it all out these are the things I can do without'. Also, the words'in violent times, you shouldn't have to sell your soul' are amongst the truest words I can think of right now. Anyway, I want to say thanks so much, listening to you again gave me one of those strange very physical feelings when I hear something that takes me right back to another era, almost as if time travel really was possible, and it made me feel a little emotional to be back there for a short time.

I also want to say that I adore your song 'mad world', because I really think it is. And your song 'Head over Heels' is gorgeous too.

Thanks for the memories,
A xx


No comments: