Sunday, 16 May 2010

#20 Dear Lady in the Christy Hospital T-Shirt walking past Porcelanosa today



Dear Lady in the Christy Hospital T-Shirt walking past Porcelanosa today,

I don't know you. I was driving past you this afternoon. You had just finished running the Great Manchester Run. You were on your own in your running clothes, hair tied back, bottle of water in your hand. It was as if you were the only person in the world right then. The sun was on your face, and there was a sense of peace and happiness about you, as if you were smiling from deep within. I guess it was the afterglow of the exertion, and the feeling you were left with after running with all those other people, knowing you had achieved something good - for you, and for all the patients who will benefit from the money you raised. I loved that I noticed you, caught in a lovely private moment. It really made my day and you didn't even realise.

Thanks
A x



1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that you noticed her too - thank you Annie