Thursday, 13 May 2010

#17 Dear French Bean Seedlings (Part 2)



Dear French Bean Seedlings,

I am so sorry. I didn't realize that last night would be so cold. It's mid-May. I imagined that you would grow and flourish outdoors and wind your lovely way up the cane wigwam, waving your little leaves in the sun. But, it wasn't to be, and I'm sorry that as a novice gardener I was naive in thinking that you would be safe from the frost. I was a bit gutted when I found you wilted and limp and lying on the ground never to be revived, and I have learnt a hard hard lesson.

So, my lovely little French Beans. RIP

A x

5 comments:

Sharon Longworth said...

Don't despair. The frost got our beans last year. We were sure they were dead, and then suddenly they grew back, and after that there was no stopping them.
Wait until the weekend sun has warmed things up and then see what happens!

Jenn Ashworth said...

Oh no!

sonia said...

sorry about your beans. the guy behind me lost 100 tomatoes to the frost(he's been gardening for decades). if they don't perk up you can put the beans straight into the ground and they usually catch up.

annie clarkson said...

But it's ok, cos I planted more...

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

Mid- May and frost still hovering? I love the sun here as it makes my plants flourish. But right now, it's raining and we do get a lot of rain too!