Sunday, 28 March 2010

Last chance to win, and other more grumpy business

Well I will be drawing names out of a hat tonight at about 8ish to win this brilliant novel, comments on the original blog post if you want to be in with a chance.

The clock's have gone forward and we lost an hour of sleep. I woke up early. Sun fighting hard to get through the clouds but doing a bloody good job. Looks like it will be a lovely day at the allotment, bit of a bracing wind, but I feel as though I need it to blow the cobwebs out.

Things that have been on my mind this week:

* sometimes no matter what I do, I'm still going to get a migraine. Easier to accept it, go to bed and sleep it off, but it still bothers me. I never used to get them, why so regular now?

* I have 28 years of mortgage. Most of the time I don't think of it, but it has felt a little depressing this weekend. Probably because of the thought of another 28 years of work. That will make me 65 years old when I make my final payment.

* work is hard. I like it. I feel much more settled now. but it's tough, and some weeks feel harder than others. sometimes I feel as though I do for other people all the time, and give of myself in my job so much that there's not much left at the end of the day or the weekend for the people I love. this weekend has been example in itself. I have a number of lovely people who wanted to see me this weekend, and I just felt as though I didn't have the energy. I have been a proper grump and found it hard to work through the weird mood.

* it has never quite worked out with the men I have dated/been in a relationship with. I'm at a funny age, where that really seems to matter. somehow it feels easier, if I just don't bother.

ha! how moody am I.

Other things that have been on my mind... my bedroom is a tip and I need to sort it out. the drawers on my wardrobe have been broken and they will not be mended. my car needs cleaning. I need to go shopping. ggrrrrr....

I am going to the allotment for a good dig. then supermarket. then lunch. then allotment again. then bath. then chat with my mum. and hopefully a change of attitude!!

wondering if anybody else ever gets like this...!

6 comments:

Megan said...

aaag - I realy sympathise.
Go somewhere beautiful for a bit. The messes will not matter
x

ericw said...

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. - Buddha

Michelle said...

I definitely get like this. It too shall pass.

I hope the digging helped. Exercise or getting lost in a book usually helps me.

xxx

SallyF said...

aw chuck, some days really are so rubbish! the only help I can offer is with the clock change. We leave them all as is until at least lunchtime Sunday when it doesn't really matter what time it is and it means that actually if you want to catch up you got to bed early, which is a bonus in my world :-) (Doesn't work if you have to work on a Sunday of course but since you and I don't, worth a shot!) x

sonia said...

hope the allotment helped. I feel like that fom time to time but not about the same things. Strangely I only seem to be able to tidy up when I am in a foul mood. Judging by the state of my house I'm not as moody as I think. How much control do we really have over our health. Surely genetics and numerous other things we don't yet understand play a part as well as the other stuff that we do have control over. Otherwise surely positive people would never be ill.

annie clarkson said...

thanks all x