Saturday, 5 December 2009

reading today at the nook, chorlton

I forgot to say, I am reading prose poems today at The Nook in Chorlton

It starts at 2pm and is on til 5pm, and I think I have a 15 minute slot, so come along if you are so inclined... There are other lovely women poets reading, and The Nook does a lovely cup of tea and food too, there will be lots of breaks and chatter inbetween poets. What a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, hm?

Just to update, it was a lovely reading, very cosy room, receptive listeners, and some great poets. I really enjoyed Melanie Rees reading her poems, her poetry connected with me the most I think and I've never heard her read before so it was a real treat. I liked her enthusiasm as an audience member as well.

Nice to get back on the bike after missing several readings last month when I wasn't feeling so good...

More, more, more...

6 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Hope it went splendidly, Annie!

sonia said...

glad it went well - it looks a lovely place to read at.

Megan said...

More indeed,
Annie, one day I have to hear you read
m xx

emma said...

Glad it went well Annie.

I've nominated you for a blogger award over at my blog.

Emma xx

Bob Jacobs said...

Thanks for opening up your blog for anonymous comments, Annie.

Do you have any audio versions of your readings available? (Lindy, for instance?).

Cheers,
Bob

annie clarkson said...

thanks all, yes, it went very well... I was pleased *smile*

Emma, why thank you!

Bob, yes, there are some audios of me reading around...

The Story Bank on the Comma Press website has an audio of me reading Lindy...
http://www.commapress.co.uk/?section=StoryBank