Thursday, 12 November 2009

Ouroboros Review, Succour and Sparks

A few bits of lovely news for me and my writing...

First up, I have two very short pieces of fiction in issue 4 of Ouroboros Review, The Sound of Rain and Take Me Dancing. Ouroboros Review is a great quality literary magazine, I love the photographs of old mailboxes, windowframes, and door handles by Julie E. Bloemeke and the poetry, short fiction etc are a treat, I especially enjoyed poems by Michelle McGrane, Arlene Ang, Jeanpaul Ferro and Susan Millar DuMars.



Also, I have prose poems in the latest issue of Succour magazine. It's an issue on the theme of The Banal. I haven't seen or read a copy yet, but I have the feeling that the writing will be far from banal, and am intruiged to know how other writers have interpreted and written about the theme. It's a print magazine, so is available to buy for £5.95. Hopefully I'll get my copy sometime soon... am very excited to read it.



Finally, you might have caught this on facebook, I found out yesterday that another short short has been accepted for Sparks 7 in Brighton on December 1st. Each story is sent to a photographer and a photograph commissioned. The photo is then projected behind whoever reads the short, usually its the author, but I won't be able to make it down to Brighton on a Tuesday night sadly. I'm hoping someone might either film it or take photos, and I definately want to see the commissioned photo. It is a really exciting that it will be read aloud and I hope people like it. It's one of my crazy adolescent Lancashire stories.

Lots of exciting news hm?

Oh oh oh, and the tiniest piece of writing you might ever see me have published, has been posted at elimae...

5 comments:

Megan said...

very exciting - Congratulations!!

Nik Perring said...

Congrats, congrats and congrats!

N X

Michelle said...

Congrats, my friend. I'm so pleased to be in ouroboros review with you - and delighted for your other successes.

sonia said...

Congrats! Fantastic news. Will have a read when the NaNoWrite subsides.

ANTHONY SIDES said...

I'm pleased for you with all this publication, Annie - well done.