Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Word Soup

I will be reading on 19th May at Word Soup, an exciting new live lit night, that will have readings, music and short film. It's the brain child of the gorgeously talented Jenn Ashworth. It's at The New Continental in Preston, and is £3 on the door, if you fancing coming.

I'm excited to be reading alongside Emma Lannie and Andrew Michael Hurley. I heard Emma read once before and was really taken with her story about a shy couple dancing together in the dark. I like it that her surname is Lannie as an old friend used to call me Annie Lannie, and I thought it was sweet. I read with Andrew not too long ago at the launch of the Flax Anthology, Unsaid Undone. I was late and a little nervous and also my family was there, so I never got the chance to speak to him, not even a hello. So, he probably thinks I'm very rude and this time, I plan to try and be much more friendly. I also want to buy his book of short fiction The Unusual Death of Julie Christie, because I've heard it's brilliant, and with any luck he will sign it for me.

There are other readers: David Hartley, Richard Hirst, and Tim Woodall who are all new to me. It all promises to be a special kind of night. The theme for the evening is SKIN, so it will be interesting to hear what kind of poetry and short fiction everyone reads.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay! Wish I could be there. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.