Sunday, 8 March 2009

a prize poem and a short short...

My prose poem After the Accident is the prize poem for February at Applehouse Poetry Workshop.. This is a double excitement, as 'Recovery' was the prize poem for January. I urge people to keep looking in on Applehouse, as Lynne Rees sets some very inspiring writing exercises and prompts.

Also, I have a short short called Mr Ali on Pygmy Giant. It is a while since I had any new shorts published, so am very pleased. They accepted two shorts so the other one should be there soon, as well.

Mr Ali is a short I wrote in February at a Paper Planes workshop which take place at Fuel Cafe/Bar in Withington, Manchester. The next Paper Planes workshop is Saturday 14th May 12-4pm.

5 comments:

Nik's Blog said...

Cool! Congrats. Off to check TPG story

Nik

Megan said...

More lovely, lovely writing Annie. I enjoyed both pieces very much

Fran Hill said...

Hi Annie - checked you out after your nice comment on my 'Tree' poem on Applehouse. Great site, isn't it? How nice to have someone lobbing inspiration my way like that. Like your blog.

annie clarkson said...

Thanks all x

Michelle said...

Great stuff, Annie. Congratulations!